Welcome to IFNAE Academy
IFNAE Academy is dedicated to bringing you innovative learning opportunities in our core areas of expertise:
- Needs assessment & strategy development
- Strategic implementation and alignment
- Performance measurement and management
Building on our successful practice designing and delivering face-to-face experiential instruction, we now offer online courses, certificate programs, and customized training. Our main instructional delivery modalities are:
- Self-paced instructional modules
- On-site workshops for groups of 6 or more
Our highly acclaimed training program in Strategic Alignment of Learning & Development (SALD) is now offered as a certificate program. The program is based on our award-winning book Partner for Performance: Strategically Aligning Learning & Development and consists 12 hours of instructor-led web-based training (6 sessions, 2 hours each) and is supported by an additional 12 hours of one-on-one coaching support, work reviews, and feedback to drive implementation of new skills and improved outcomes.
The Institute for Needs Assessment & Evaluation is recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) to offer SHRM-CP or SHRMSCP professional development credits (PDCs). The SALD certificate program is valid for 12-24 PDCs. For more information about SHRM certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.
Click here to learn more about the upcoming winter cohort that starts in March 2018.
Sign up for our mailing list to get the latest updates and new course announcements. We won’t overload your inbox and we will never share your contact information with anyone.
Strategic Alignment of Learning and Development (SALD) Course Catalog
IFNAE’s SALD course progression is the most complete and rigorous program for building knowledge, skills, practice, and resources to align learning and performance improvement programs of all types to tangible business results your organizational executives expect. Our faculty are internationally recognized industry experts who also lead and teach in advanced graduate level programs in top universities and have extensive experience in applying the organizational alignment methodology across the world in all sectors.
We offer four tracks of course offerings in our SALD program, all of which build on and complement each other:
- Our free SALD mini-tutorials offer downloadable tools and a brief video guide to using them.
- Our free SALD Primer webinars are an interactive introduction to the process offered on a quarterly basis.
- Our SALD Knowledge Builder course provides an overview of the process for strategically aligning learning and talent development solutions for professionals who will benefit from understanding the process but may not be directly involved with carrying out the detailed tasks. For example, those who lead or manage training, talent development, organizational development, performance improvement, quality assurance, or other related functions. This self-paced online course will be available soon.
- Our SALD Certificate program gives participants comprehensive, hands-on experience and coaching to gain competence in the SALD process. Participants will plan and implement the SALD process in their organizations in an innovative experience that blends online content with hands-on activities, feedback, and coaching.
We have links to upcoming cohorts of our SALD Primer, Knowledge Builder, and Certificate offerings as well as our free mini-tutorials in the right sidebar.
SALD Courses and Resources
SALD Knowledge Builder Class
This self-paced online course is coming soon — click here to learn more.
Download the SALD Brochure here
Interested in onsite and/or custom SALD training for your organization? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Performance Assessment and Analysis (PAAx) Course Catalog
- PAAx Specialist: Participants develop a performance assessment plan
- PAAx Analyst: Participants develop a performance assessment report
- PAAx Expert: Participants deliver a PAAx training program
Click on the links in the sidebar to view upcoming Certificate cohorts including program details and dates for each.
Why get PAAx Certified?
Your PAAx certification will provide you, your employers, funders, and clients with evidence of your performance-based skillset and experience.
- All programs encompass ISPI principles, associated six standards and code of ethics.
- All program supervision, performance-based design, and delivery conducted by widely recognized performance improvement experts that include CPTs and other highly credentialed professionals with extensive international development experience
- Participants subject to certification will be evaluated based on strict criteria set for the respective certification level
- Based on empirical research, this program provides proven tools and techniques that will get you the required results
- Immerses you into a systemic/holistic view on organizational performance assessments
- Organized around an applied practitioner approach – successful with major international donor organizations and programs
- Delivers a set of tools you can use immediately
- Flexible participation options including face-to-face, online, or on-site for groups of 6 or more
- Have fun in an interactive environment, learn with and from your peers, and establish a long-standing community of practice with colleagues
- Receive 12 credits toward ISPI’s CPT recertification
PAAx Certificates and Resources
PAAx Analyst Certificates (online)
Fall 2018 Cohort
PAAx Expert Certificates
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information on our Expert Certification process.
Download the PAAx Brochure here
Interested in onsite and/or custom PAAx training for your organization? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
The PAAx companion book now available through IFNAE.
Guerra-López, I. (2010). The impact evaluation process. In Moseley, J. & Dessinger, J. (Eds). Handbook of Improving Performance in the Workplace, Volume 3: Measurement and Evaluation. ISPI/John Wiley & Sons.
Guerra-López, I. (2010). Performance measurement and management systems. In Watkins, R. & Leigh, D. (Eds). Handbook of improving performance in the workplace, Volume 2: Selecting and implementing performance interventions. John Wiley & Sons.
Uday-Riley, M. & Guerra-López, I. (2010). Process improvement. In Watkins, R. & Leigh, D. (Eds). Handbook of improving performance in the workplace, Volume 2: Selecting and implementing performance interventions. John Wiley & Sons.
Guerra, I. (2006). How to plan an evaluation. In M. Silberman, & P. Phillips’s (Eds.). The 2006 ASTD Training and Performance Sourcebook (pp. 233-239). Alexandria, VA: American Society for Training and Development.
Guerra, I. (2003). Does your performance require improvement? In M. Silberman & P. Phillips’s (Eds.) The 2003 Training and Performance Sourcebook (pp. 125-137). Princeton: Active Training
Watkins, R. & Guerra, I (2003). How do you determine whether assessment or evaluation is required? In M. Silberman & P. Phillips (Eds.) The 2003 Team and Organizational Development Sourcebook (pp.131-139). Princeton: Active Training
Guerra-López, I. & Hutchinson, A. (2017) Stakeholder-driven learning analysis: A case study. Journal of Applied Instructional Design.
López, M., González, N. Navarro, A., & Guerra-López, I. (2016). Evaluación de un modelo de innovación aplicado a una empresa de servicio. Revista de Administración y Finanzas.
Guerra-López, I. & Hicks, K. (2014). The participatory design and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system in an international development environment. Evaluation and Program Planning, 48(2015), 21-30.
Guerra-López, I. & Hutchinson, A. (2013). Measurable and Continuous Performance Improvement: The Development of a Performance Measurement, Management, and Improvement System. Performance Improvement Quarterly. 26(2).
Guerra-López, I. (2012). The monitoring and impact evaluation process: A systemic approach to improving performance and impact. International Journal for Environmental Science and Engineering Research. 3(3), 80-85.
Guerra-López, I. & Toker, S. (2012). A performance measurement and evaluation framework for K-12 environments: Supporting decision-making through ongoing performance measurement. Evaluation and Program Planning, 35, 222-235.
Chow, A., & Guerra-Lopez, I. (2011). Educational informatics: designing performance-based measurement systems for rapid response learning environments. Association for Educational Communications and Technology Annual Conference Proceedings, November 9-11, Jacksonville, FL.
Guerra-López, I. (2010). The impact evaluation process. Social and Organizational Performance Review, 2(1), 91-117.
Guerra-López, I. (2009). Introduction to social and organizational performance review. Social and Organizational Performance Review, 1(1), 7-8
Guerra-López, I. & Leigh, H. (2009). Are performance improvement professionals measurably improving performance? A look at what PIJ and PIQ have to say about the current use of evaluation and measurement in the field of performance improvement. Performance Improvement Quarterly, 22(2).
Guerra-López, I. (2007). A Seven-Step evaluation process for evaluating performance improvement interventions. Performance Improvement Express. No. 10.
Guerra, I. (2003). Identifying and tracking key performance indicators. ASTD Links.
Recommended Books on Performance